[Mapserver-users] Using DGN files to show text information

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam@pobox.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 12:24:14 -0400

Gabriel Vieira Ferrari wrote:
> Listers.
>
> I would like to use text information from DGN files.
>
> The text information is separated in one file.
>
> I use CONNECTIONTYPE OGR to show the text, but it don't became visible.
>
> I try LAYER TYPE, POLYGON and ANNOTATION.
>
> What is wrong ?

Gabriel,

I have successfully displayed text from DGN using a layer definition like this:

LAYER
   NAME "text"
   TYPE ANNOTATION
   CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
   CONNECTION "lignum_overview.dgn,0"
   STATUS ON
   STYLEITEM "AUTO"
   CLASS
     NAME "test1"
   END
END

The key is to set the STYLEITEM to AUTO otherwise it may not be possible.
Note, I haven't tested this capability in half a year.