AW: [Mapserver-users] transparent background raster (tif)

Christina Biakowski (CCGIS) christina.biakowski@ccgis.de
Tue, 27 May 2003 08:59:09 +0200

Hello,
perhaps you have already tried this: I think you have to find out the
colour-index of your background-color and set it to transparent,
either in the general layer section using the parameter OUTPUT with the
index of your background-color like e.g.

LAYER
 NAME DGK1
 TYPE RASTER
 DATA "520911.tif"
 STATUS ON
 OFFSITE 0	#0 refers to the colour-index that has to be displayed
transparent

or defining an explicit class. For Rasters the classitem must be set to
VALUE.

LAYER
CLASSITEM "VALUE"
CLASS
	EXPRESSION "1"	#1 refers to the colour-index
 	COLOR -1 -1 -1	#transparent
END
The colour-index you could for example find out by using the ArcGis
Layer-Properties.
The described way works with Mapserver 3.6x, but I remember to have read
that in 3.7 it is implemented in a different way.
I hope this helps!

Best regards, Christina