[Mapserver-users] Re: html-type legends with perl mapscript

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 27 May 2003 10:53:37 -0400

Puneet Kishor wrote:

> I am not sure how I am going to implement this eventually, but for now
> I want to try out a separate legend icon for each layer. If a layer has
> more than one classes then I want a single image with all the key boxes
> for each class stacked one below another. So, this is what I tried in
> my read-write perl ;-) --

Maybe a possible trick would be that for each layer you call
$map->drawLegend() after setting all other layers status to OFF.  This
way every call to drawLegend() would draw only a single layer and you
would not have to worry about building the legend image and placing the
icons and labels yourself, etc.