[Mapserver-users] Mapserver printing

Zamil Murji Zamil.Murji@divestco.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 11:16:03 -0600

Hi,

We are currently trying to use mapserver to print images on an 8.5x11 inch paper using the web. Up to date we have been very successfull. However, we are now trying the next step - PLOTTING. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to approach this issue. I read in the past that mapserver has a limit to the size of image that can be created, if so, how do I get around this. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Also, I noticed that when we started using png images all over our site. Sometimes they would come back empty. NO error messages from mapserver, just an empty image. If you refreshed the screen everything would start working again. The image would be displayed again. Anybody observe similar output? Once again, it happens randomly. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Zamil