[Mapserver-users] Re: [maplab-users] (no subject)

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell@lignum.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 08:27:34 -0700

Hi Fabrice, glad to see you working with mapserver.
You need to basically define a "brush" to use to draw your lines with.  The
default is a very thin line (as you have noticed).  You do this by creating
a symbol in your map file.
I put this section before my first layer:

#
# Start of symbol definitions
#

SYMBOL
  NAME 'circle'
  TYPE ellipse
  FILLED TRUE
  POINTS 1 1 END
END

Then you can refer to the symbol "circle" and use the SIZE setting in the
class for your layer, like this:

LAYER
  NAME region
  TYPE POLYGON
  DATA region.shp
  STATUS DEFAULT
  CLASS
      OUTLINECOLOR 55 55 55
      NAME 'Cariboo Region Boundary'
      SYMBOL 'circle'
      SIZE 3
  END
END

I hope this helps.  Let the list know how you come along and what you're up
to.

Tyler

                      "Fabrice ANDREI
                      (Ifree-ORE)"                  To:       Maplab-users@dmsolutions.ca
                      <andrei@ifree-ore.org>        cc:
                      Sent by:                      Fax to:
                      maplab-users-admin@dms        Subject:  [maplab-users] (no subject)
                      olutions.ca

                      05/30/2003 05:48 AM

Hello. I have a little problem with mapserver : I have to change the
thickness of lines (roads), but, I don't found how to do this in the
demo.map. Some has the solution ?

Thx.

Fabrice ANDREI