MapTools.org

[ms4w-users] Help with MS4W installation

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:14:25 -0500
Stephen,

the blank window is expected, it appears as a result of running the
Apache executable.

I will check the ms4w installer and see if there is a problem with it,
but we have been using this for a while.

One possibility, you mentioned IIS.  Is it possible that you have IIS
and Apache running at the same time?  The default configuration for both
is to listen on port 80, but that can be changed if necessary.

Another possibility:  are you leaving the empty window open, or closing
it?  You will need to leave it open, or install Apache as a service as
indicated in the README.txt file.

Cheers,

Paul