MapTools.org

[ms4w-users] Help with MS4W installation

Stephen Wallace gis@gisrs.com
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:21:36 -0500
Paul

I checked the directory structure and it is as you outlined. I
reinstalled  MS4W and again the apache installation appears to work.
When I tried http://localhost/ I got the error message "The page cannot
be displayed".

One note, the version I download was ms4w_0.6.zip.

Thanks

Stephen Wallace

I did try extracting the ms4w_0.7.zip and running apache, no problems at

this end using either http://localhost/ or http://127.0.0.1/.

Please make sure that you extracted to the root of one of your drives,
like c: or d: (preferrably c:, it means everything will just work).

this means that if you look in explorer, you should see a directory
structure like:

c:\ms4w
c:\ms4w\Apache
c:\ms4w\apps
c:\ms4w\httpd.d
c:\ms4w\proj
c:\ms4w\tmp

if you don't see this then it won't work.

Cheers,

Paul