MapTools.org

[ms4w-users] Help with MS4W installation

Stephen Wallace gis@gisrs.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:49:02 -0500
Paul

Thanks for the suggestions

The computer the software is being installed on runs windows XP Pro. I
use both windows explorer 6.0 and Netscape 7.0.
The only XP firewall that appears to be in place is related to internet
connection. I turned this off
ISS was uninstalled from the computer and version ms4w_0.7.zip was
downloaded and installed.

I tried http://localhost/ again with Windows Explorer and got a blank
browser screen and the progress bar of the browser slowly moving to
timeout.
I have seen no messages in the apache box.

Still trying to determine what may be the difficulty

Thanks

Stephen Wallace