[ms4w-users] First time with MS4w

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Dec 20 19:36:00 EST 2004

Hello Salvador,

MapServer can read DGN files directly (through the OGR library) so there
is no need to convert...an example layer can be found at:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc44/ogr-howto.html#examples

As for 'where to put the map' I recommend doing the MapLab tutorial and
then trying to add your own data to that mapfile.

Note that MapServer, Chameleon, and MapLab questions should be sent to
their associated mailing lists.  thanks.

jeff

svidal at sarea.es wrote:
> Well, my name is Salvador Vidal, and i try to learn MS4W this christmas.
>  (Merry christmas  to all)
> I download, and install MS4W, CHAMELEON, and MapLab.
>
> I have many questions, and now go the first.
>

> 1 - I have dgn's files.
>      i need convert?  to?
>      How convert the attribute linkage?
>
> 2 - Where put this map's?
>

> (I am sorry, but my english isn't very good)
>
> Thanks

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca