MapTools.org

[ms4w-users] help install apache !!

Dharani Babu dharanibabus@hotmail.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:40:03 +0530
Hi all
I am a new user to ms4w . I extracted the package to c:/ms4w/ms4w/apache and
etc . But i tried running apache.exe from command prompt like this
c:/> ms4w/ms4w/apache/bin/apache.exe but i got the following error .

ServerRoot must be valid a directory
Error at line 57 of apache/conf/httpd.conf file :

  The machine is w2000 and the IIS was running so assuming there is port
conflict between IIS and Apache I stopped IIS and tried the same but the
same error persists !!! So I changed the httpd.conf file's Listen port from
80 to 8080 but the same problem again !!!
What is the solution ? and next I saw the folder apache/htdocs and
apache/cgi-bin both containing
files like phpinfo.php , phpinfo_mapscript36.php and
phpinfo_mapscript_40.php and the next folder containing mapserv36.exe and
mapserv40.exe . So these four files are supposed to be used for customozing
our own web  mapping application with MapServer right ? and i dont see any
MapServer.dll which is widely talked about by the dmsolutions.on.ca .. So Is
it that the ms4w uses MapScript API s ? What is teh difference between
usuing mapserver.dll and mapscript .php ?
could any one elaborate on this and the general direction i should proceed
with ? My ultimate aim is to render maps based on the TIGER files . Could
any one shed some light on this ?
With regards and thanks
dharani

Post Classifieds on MSN classifieds. http://www.sulekha.com/msnclassifieds