[ms4w-users] organization Maps

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Wed Jul 7 11:50:08 EDT 2004

> I want to know how organice the map, and the "id","mslink" or
"identifier"
> to conexion with database.

I'm not sure how to do this joining, but others will know if it is
possible or not.

> Well, in the first i have many maps in dgn. I supose i need create a map
> with each "level" of information, rivers, strets, roads, etc. in what
> format?, it's correct?

You can leave your data in DGN format if you want.  MapServer can
(usually) read that format.  But you will get better performance if you
convert them from DGN levels into files like you said.  Probably shapefile
format would be best.  However, you may want to consider using PostGIS
database, then you can store your tabular and spatial data in the same
table(s).

Hope that helps,
 Tyler