[ms4w-users] Setting up GMAP for MS4W

frstylrz at juno.com frstylrz at juno.com
Mon Feb 28 15:55:41 EST 2005

Hi. I posted earlier in the Mapserver forum. My apologies.. wrong forum. I'm having trouble setting up Gmap for the MS4W 4.4.1 that I dl'd. I was told that nothing need to be done.. everything was pretty much preconfig'd. But when I go to run it, I get an error.
---
Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library '/ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_mapscript_36.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in C:\ms4w\apps\gmap\htdocs\gmap75.phtml on line 50

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ms_getversion() in C:\ms4w\apps\gmap\htdocs\gmap75.php3 on line 51
---
According to a reply I received..do the following

-place the application specific conf file in the /ms4w/httpd.d directory
-place the application specific pkg.html file in the /ms4w/apache/htdocs
directory
-place the application in /ms4w/apps/
-restart Apache

When I extracted the GMAP_ms4w program.. everything seemed to be where it needed to be according to the reply. But when the link is executed, I get the error above. I was given a link to dl a more recent version of GMap, gmap-ms40.zip from http://dl.maptools.org/dl/ ..my question now... how can I get this to work with the ms4w that I have installed. If someone can help, that'd be great. Thank You.