[ms4w-users] Unable to load dynamiclibrary/ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_mapscript_44.dll

Ivan_Vasquez at URSCorp.com Ivan_Vasquez at URSCorp.com
Fri Jun 24 18:52:03 EDT 2005

Hi Jeff!

Just wanted to send you an update on my problem.

I formatted another computer and installed a clean copy of Windows 2000
professional. I installed Service Pack 4 and Internet Explorer 6 service
pack 1, and then I installed MS4W v 1.2, chameleon 2.2, ka-Map 0.1.1, and
MapLab 2.2. I then copied my dll files into both the WINNT/System32 and
php/extensions directories. And the result of all this work is... the same
as before... same errors in the same places.

Unfortunately, it looks like I can't use MapServer unless you have any
other suggestions for a solution to this problem.

Ivan

             "Jeff McKenna"
             <jmckenna at dmsolut
             ions.ca>                                                   To
                                       Ivan_Vasquez at URSCorp.com
             06/22/2005 04:10                                           cc
             PM                        ms4w-users at lists.maptools.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ms4w-users] Unable to load
                                       dynamiclibrary/ms4w/Apache/php/exte
                                       nsions/php_mapscript_44.dll

something seems to be conflicting on that machine.  i have a windows2000
virtual machine
that i test on, and i can't reproduce this.  Sure, the more machines you
can test on the
better.  Maybe it's a problem that no one has reported yet, i'm not sure.

jeff

On Jun 22, Ivan_Vasquez at URSCorp.com wrote:

> Yes, this is possible, although it would take some time and I don't think
> it will make a difference. The current machine is a clean install of
> Windows 2000. It hasn't been used for anything since windows was
installed
> except for ms4w. This machine doesn't have any software on it except for
> Windows and all of the service packs required to make it run smoothly
with
> the exception of ms4w apps. If I were to install ms4w onto another
machine,
> it would basically be the same as this one.
>
> After reading this, do you think it would be a good use of time to start
> over again?
>
> Ivan
>

>              Jeff McKenna

>              <jmckenna at dmsolut

>              ions.ca>
>                                        Ivan_Vasquez at URSCorp.com

>              06/22/2005 02:56
cc
>              PM                        ms4w-users at lists.maptools.org

Subject
>                                        Re: [ms4w-users] Unable to load

>                                        dynamic     library

/ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_map
>                                        script_44.dll

> this is a difficult one for sure.  Is it at all possible that you try a
> fresh ms4w (unmodified) on a different machine, to see if you get the
> same errors?
>

> jeff
>

> Ivan_Vasquez at URSCorp.com wrote:
> > No errors. Just a list of outputs, supports, inputs, debug, etc.
> >
> > Ivan
> >

> >              Jeff McKenna
>
> >              <jmckenna at dmsolut
>
> >              ions.ca>
> >                                        Ivan_Vasquez at URSCorp.com
>
> >              06/22/2005 01:42
> cc
> >              PM                        ms4w-users at lists.maptools.org
>

> Subject
> >                                        Re: [ms4w-users] Unable to load
>
> >                                        dynamic library
>

> /ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_map
> >                                        script_44.dll

> > darn.  If you goto the command line and execute a 'mapserv -v' in the
> > /ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/ directory do u see any error messages?
> >

> > jeff
> >

> > Ivan_Vasquez at URSCorp.com wrote:
> >
> >>Yes, I do.
> >>
> >>Ivan
> >>

> >>             Jeff McKenna
> >

> >>             <jmckenna at dmsolut
> >

> >>             ions.ca>

> >>                                       Ivan_Vasquez at URSCorp.com
> >

> >>             06/22/2005 01:30
> >
> > cc
> >
> >>             PM                        ms4w-users at lists.maptools.org
> >

> > Subject
> >
> >>                                       Re: [ms4w-users] Unable to load
> >

> >>                                       dynamic library
> >

> > /ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_map
> >
> >>                                       script_44.dll
> >

> >>Do you get the same response for php_mapscript_46.dll?
> >><a
href='http://127.0.0.1/phpinfo_mapscript_46.php'>http://127.0.0.1
/phpinfo_mapscript_46.php</a>