[ms4w-users] When will the next MS4W build be available

Stephen Clark SClark at county.lethbridge.ab.ca
Mon Oct 3 15:33:40 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have attached an email from Frank Warnmerdam regarding the use of the
latest GDAL code from CVS but I am unsure how to compile the MS4W
application from code.

So my question is

1. When is the next available MS4W build available?

Or

2. Can someone help me build MS4W from source?

Regards,
Stephen Clark
GIS Coordinator
County of Lethbridge
#100, 905 - 4th Ave South, Lethbridge, Alberta,T1J 4E4
Main: (403)328-5525
Direct: (403)380-1578
Fax: (403)328-5602
email: sclark at county.lethbridge.ab.ca

On 9/29/05, Stephen Clark <SClark at county.lethbridge.ab.ca> wrote:
> Frank,
>
> When you have some time could you investigate this problem.
>
> Generally speaking if I create a tile using GDALTINDEX for a group of
> ECW Raster images that overlap, I cannot draw the raster tile index.
>
> However If I convert the ECW files to Geotiff and then create a tile
> Using GDALTINDEX using your FWTOOLS then I am able to draw the raster
> layer.
>
> Also, Is there anyone else that has seen this problem.

Stephen,

I have fixed a signicant but in GDAL with the ECW driver that would
occur at the point ECW (or jp2) files are closed.  It seems possible
that this is the problem that is afflicting you.  If so, updating to the
latest gdal code from CVS would help.

However, it is hard to know if that is the issues.

warmerdam at pobox.com