[ms4w-users] using more shapefiles

Giovanni A. giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:22:29 EDT 2005

I'm a newbie with MapServer so, I'm coming with this question:
I put up my first map sample with two shapefiles, created in ArcGis:
Comuni.shp
idro_serchio.shp

I've written the map file to try the first layer:

MAP
# project name

NAME bacino_serchio

STATUS ON

# maximum map extent

EXTENT 1594000 4910000 1670000 4830000

UNITS METERS

# path variable to our map data, in our case the tif files

SHAPEPATH "/ms4w/apps/tesi/serchio"

# default color for nodata values: white

IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

    OUTPUTFORMAT

    NAME png

     DRIVER "GDAL/PNG

    MIMETYPE "image/png"

    IMAGEMODE RGB

    EXTENSION "png"

    END

    PROJECTION

    "proj=tmerc"

    "ellps=intl"

    "lat_0=0n" # latitude of origin

    "lon_0=9e" # meridian for stripe number 3

    "x_0=1500000." # Stripe number 3 for 9 deg E, Offset: 500000

    "y_0=0." # offset y

    "k=0.996" # scale factor

    "units=m"

    END

LAYER

NAME "Comuni Serchio"

GROUP "comuni"

DATA "Comuni"

TYPE POLYGON

STATUS ON

    CLASS

    NAME "Comuni"

    COLOR 255 0 0

    OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255

    END

END

END

And everything goes right, but when I rewrite the map file with the other shapefile (and call it in the URL, with "LAYERS=idro_serchio") I receive an exception saying:

"msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid layer(s) given in the LAYERS parameter."

I tried to copy and paste Comuni as Comuni2, rename the DATA of the LAYER: same problem, the shape exists, is the same as Comuni, but still receive the excpetion...

Is there a cache with the mapfile or whatelse?!!!

Giovanni (Italy)