[ms4w-users] PROBLEMS WITH MS4W

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 20 10:45:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

On the MS4W homepage (http://127.0.0.1/) when you click on one of the
'phpinfo' links do you see a PHP page of tables with a 'MapScript'
section?  If so then we can assume that MS4W was installed correctly.

I take it that you uninstalled the Apache that came with wamp5, and if
that is the case I don't see how that could affect MS4W.

Did you download Chameleon and ka-Map from the MS4W download page?
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html) These
packages are pre-configured for MS4W, so Chameleon and ka-Map should
work out-of-the-box.

Can you explain "unable to install"?  What error messages did you
receive?  Did you extract MS4W, Chameleon-ms4w, and ka-map-ms4w all at
the same root?  (C:/ for example)

jeff

Helder Muianga wrote:
> I installed ms4w on my machine, but I was unable to install the applications:
> Chameleon and ka-Map Javascript API.
>
> Please I need help on solving this problem
>
> PS: I had wamp5 installed before on the same machine, can it be the major
> problem??

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca