[ms4w-users] new version available - turning off notices

Taylor, Adam ataylor at ilpcs.com
Fri Oct 28 12:34:51 EDT 2005

Congratulations on the birth of a great new upgrade!

In regards to the issues with PHP4.4, I had the same issue with I
installed it on Debian earlier.   Frustrated, I just installed the new
version of MS4W and this is what I did to make it work without the
NOTICE displaying..

Edit the php.ini file as follows (in the Apache/cgi-bin folder)

	1.  Comment out the error_reporting line where Notices are
turned on. (; is the comment for php.ini files)

			;error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

	2.  Turn off Error Reporting

			display_errors = Off

	3.  Turn on Error Logging

			log_errors = On

Both steps 2 and 3 are recommended by the Chameleon-Admin tool :-)

Thanks,

Adam