[ms4w-users] symbol problem

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 4 13:04:33 EDT 2006

MS4W is a binary distribution.

If you need to modify that parameter, you need to download the source
and build it yourself:

http://cvs.gis.umn.edu/dist/mapserver-4.8.3.tar.gz

If you have MSVC as a compiler, look for Howard Butler's Windows build kit:

http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/build_output/

Alternatively, you could ask DMSG or any other party which provides
binaries to make a custom build for you.

Best regards,
Bart

Airoldi Daniele wrote:

> Hi
> I use ms4w with windows Xp Pro and i have need to modify MS_MAXSYMBOLS.
> In the reference file on http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/ I have found
> the way to modify MS_MAXSYMBOLS in / mapsymbol.h /, but i can't find /
> mapsymbol.h / file in ms4w distribution.
> How I can modify the value of MS_MAXSYMBOLS  in ms4w distribution?
> Thanks
> Daniele

Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS