[ms4w-users] MrSID Support for MS4W

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 9 13:47:48 EST 2006

Folks,

At Tyler's request, I have built a GDAL plugin for MrSID format
compatible with MS4W 1.4.0.

Download:

   http://www.gdal.org/dl/mrsid_ms4w140.zip

Unpack this in c:\ so that gdal_MrSID.dll ends up in C:\mr4w\gdalplugins

Download the Geo_DSDK_5.0.6.955 for VC6 from developer.lizard.com.  Move
the DLLs from Geo_DSDK-5.0.6.955\lib\Release_md into
C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin.

If you want to use the commandline tools, modify setenv.bat to include:

   "set GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=C:\ms4w\gdalplugins"

That should do it.  Let me know if anyone has problems.

warmerdam at pobox.com