[ms4w-users] geographic projection converted to Mercator?

Tib Kat oceatoon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:56:41 EST 2006

Hi
I'm a complete novice using MapServer still gettting familiar with the
structure and what can and cannot be done.
My client has Geographic Projection image and I'll need to have them
served as Mercator Projection.

Can MapServer do this sort of transformation ?
is it more efficient to directly use Mercator removing the CPU Load of
converting one format to the other.
 is there a caching device so this is done only once ?
If my original image is 10000x10000 and I need to be served 256x256
tiles according to the viewing section is this also possible?

Thanks for the help
Regards
Tibor