[ms4w-users] Displaying raster

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 26 13:08:48 EDT 2006

Hello Laurent,

I believe SDE raster support was removed for MapServer 4.8 (see
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/arcsde).

As for why, you could search the MapServer bugs maybe...or inquire on
the MapServer mailing list (or search its archives first, since I'm sure
there has already been a discussion about this).

jeff

Laurent EVEN wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've managed to use SDE layers with the latest versions of ms4w (thanks
> jeff).
>
> But, I didn't manage to display a raster
>
> Here is the MapFile:
> LAYER
>   NAME MNTFR250
>   TYPE RASTER
>   CONNECTION "gavre,port:5500,sde,ras,ras"
>   CONNECTIONTYPE SDE
>   DATA "MNTFR250,NAME,SDE.DEFAULT"
>   STATUS ON
>   DEBUG ON
>   PROCESSING "BANDS=1,2,3,4"
>   PROCESSING "RASTERCOLUMN=IMAGE"
> END
>

> In the ms_error.txt :
> Wed Jul 26 16:22:12 2006 - msDrawRaster(): Unable to access file.
> (MNTFR250,NAME,SDE.DEFAULT)
>
> In the Name field of the MNTRFR250 table:
> /catalog/cartoweb/ref/rras//mosras2/mntfr250/images/a1.tif
>
> Do you have any clue of what's going on?
>
> Thanks
>
> Laurent

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca