[ms4w-users] Mapserver broken? ms4w 1.5.2

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed May 10 12:00:41 EDT 2006

aren't we already defeating the purpose by putting all the dlls
inside the ms4w folder?  The idea of ms4w is to distribute a set of
binaries that all work together regardless of what else might be
installed on the system (for instance some other copy of gdal.dll
gets installed into system32 by some other application)

I think these files must to be distributed with ms4w inside the ms4w
so we don't overwrite newer system files but we ensure that we are
distributing a complete package.

The alternative is to offer a separate download/instructions if you
are missing those files.  I believe an automated installer would
accomplish this, but in the zip file world we don't have a lot of choice

Paul