[ms4w-users] MS4W 2.0 available
jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Wed May 31 14:19:37 EDT 2006
Recent mailing list discussions have resulted in a new version of MS4W
MS4W 2.0 is available (which contains PHP 5.1.4), and MS4W 1.5.4 is also
available (which contains PHP 4.3.3-dev). Consider these as 2 branches.
However, the 1.x branch (PHP 4) will stop in development in November
2006. The hope is that this gives people (both users and developers)
time to upgrade to PHP 5.
The major changes are listed below:
* ms4w versions 2.0 and 1.5.4 created. Notable changes are:
- upgraded PHP to 5.1.4 (MS4W 2.0 only)
- upgraded Apache to 2.0.58 (bug 1465)
- increased mapserver's max number of
symbols to 128 (bug 1462)
- upgraded shp2tile to 1.14
- added gdal python files (bug 1464)
- added Python mapscript instructions to readme,
and test script, from Ken Boss
You will also notice that a dBox MS4W package is now listed on the
downloads page (thanks to Ken Boss and Steve Lime).
A MapServer 4.9 upgrade package for MS4W is also now available, for both
MS4W 2.0 and 1.5.x.
I hope this makes some sense, and it goes over well.
DM Solutions Group Inc.
More information about the ms4w-users