[ms4w-users] New versions available

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 13 14:01:21 EDT 2006

New versions of MS4W were posted last night, containing the MapServer
4.10.0 release
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html).  Major
changes are listed at the end of this email.

*NOTE*: The new PHP/Mapscript dll is now named
'php_mapscript_4.10.0.dll', so please update your existing applications
to point to that name, when using the new MS4W.

Also, I'll be repackaging the add-on packages now so that they point to
this new dll name (Chameleon, ka-Map, MapLab, Itasca Demo, GMap).  Would
other project owners please make sure to modify their MS4W packages to
point to this new dll name?  (FIST, OGC, p.mapper)

*IMPORTANT REMINDER*: As announced before, PHP4 will no longer be
included as of November 1st
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=ROADMAP.html).  This
means that the MS4W PHP4 1.x branch will end.  So I encourage everyone
to port their applications to PHP5.

*****
   ms4w versions 2.2 and 1.6 created. Notable changes are:
         - upgraded mapserver and mapscript to 4.10.0 release
         - upgraded Apache to 2.2.3
         - upgraded PHP to 5.1.6 and 4.4.4 (bugs 1328, 1550)
         - modified PHP5's php.ini to allow short tags (bug 1538)
*****

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca