[ms4w-users] New User... Question about running ms4w on CD {Scanned} {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Thu Sep 21 18:37:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

I think CD version with a web server (e.g. Apache) will not work.
The web server must be registered as a service on your operaring system.
It's config files depend on the drive letter.
Mapserver use a temperary directory for generated images in browse mode.
I can imagine shp2img can work from a cd. But it creates an image only, no
user interface
You should use a GIS viewer software like openEV_FW for the off line
version.

Zoltan