[ms4w-users] New User... Question about running ms4w on CD {Scanned} {Scanned}

Ruairi ODonnell lapido at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 17:11:21 EDT 2006

Thanks everyone for your input.  I've spent the day tweaking the
settings and I think it is nearly there.  But as Paul mentioned I've
had to hardcode in the path to C:/windows/temp in Apache, PHP.ini and
some of the apps like GMAP and ka-map and MapLab.  I'd really like to
use a OS enviroment variable so that I can decide the temp folder at
run time.  Also I need to clear up the temp folder in some way when
the app is done...a bit of a pain.

So far I've only tested it by changing the user privs in windows to
not allow writing to the folders.  Tommorow I'll burn it to CD and see
what happens.

If that works then I'll need to make it more generic, write a PHP
script generates a dynamic httpd.conf and my.ini (maybe others) that
populates the TEMP folder and then after runs Apache!  Not a nice
solution but it's the only one I see.  THe other option is to upgrade
to Apache 2.0 that allows ENVS in the config file with the ${TEMP}
syntax.

Regards
-Ruairi O'Donnell
Rutland Systems SA