[ms4w-users] Problem with OGR connection for XY point layer
gizagui at fi.uba.ar
Mon Feb 5 22:47:04 EST 2007
As you suggests, it was a locale issue, the numbers came back in the
format -xx.xxxxxx -yy.yyyyyy and my local configuration defined the period
for thousands separator and the coma for decimal seperator. So, I inverted
the separators and now it is working well.
Thank you very much to throw light on this problem.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Warmerdam" <warmerdam at pobox.com>
To: "Gaston Izaguirre" <gizagui at fi.uba.ar>
Cc: <ms4w-users at lists.maptools.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: [ms4w-users] Problem with OGR connection for XY point layer
> Gaston Izaguirre wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm using MS4W 1.5.5 on WinXP SP2 (mapserver 4.8.4, PHP 4.4.3,
>> php_mapscript_48.dll, GDAL to 1.3.2).
>> I'm trying to connect to a SQL server 2000 through an OGR Virtual Format
>> driver to obtain X,Y coordinates plus other ancillary data from a View
>> that I defined in the database. The data base is updated constantly with
>> new coordinates, so the number of rows can change, actually there are
>> about 20 points.
>> The syntax of my .OVF file is:
>> <OGRVRTLayer name="puntos">
>> <SrcDataSource>ODBC:mi_usuario/mi_password at mi_DSN,mi_vista_de_la_bd</SrcDataSource>
>> <!-- <FID>Poul_id</FID> -->
>> <!-- <LayerSRS>EPSG:4326</LayerSRS> -->
>> <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="Poul_longitud"
>> As you can see, the connection retrieves the 20 points, but there is a
>> problem with the X/Y (lat/lon) values: they are rounded to the integer
>> part, in spite of being defined as real in the database. For example, for
>> the last point (#19) I get:
>> xcoord = -58
>> ycoord = -34
>> when the actual value is:
>> x = -58.904272
>> y = -34.447837
>> As a result of this, when I test the mapfile with SHP2IMG all 20 points
>> are in the same place (all with the same coordinate values; e.g. x,y
>> = -58,-34)
>> I am making some mistake?
>> My syntax is correct?
>> Is there someone to give me a hand on this problem?
> I would encourage you to install and test the same .ovf with ogrinfo
> from FWTools 1.1.3 to establish whether it might be related to the
> version of GDAL.
> If FWTools 1.1.3 gives the same results, then I would suggest running
> ogrinfo with the CPL_DEBUG environment variable set to ON. This should
> dump out some extra debugging info, such as the SQL commands being run,
> that might be helpful.
> I suspect it is either a subtle ODBC field type related issue that might
> be fixed in a newer version or a numeric locale issue - numbers coming
> back with commas instead of periods for decimal seperators and this
> parsing wrong.
> Best regards,
> I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam,
> warmerdam at pobox.com
> light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
> and watch the world go round - Rush | President OSGeo, http://osgeo.org
More information about the ms4w-users