[ms4w-users] loadClass(): Too many CLASS styles defined, only 5 allowed. To change, edit value of MS_MAXSTYLES in map.h and recompile.

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Feb 26 10:58:08 EST 2007

It seems that you have hit the error mentioned here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/error/error-maximum-classes

If you want some guides for compiling mapserver, see the "Compiling"
section of: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto

[if you received this error using MapLab with MS4W, the note on the
download page applies: "MS4W 1.x is recommended for MapLab, because of
possible problems with PHP5 in MS4W 2.x."]

jeff

Oyama Kula wrote:
> Hey Guys
>

> I just came across this error massage ‘loadClass(): Too many CLASS
> styles defined, only 5 allowed. To change, edit value of MS_MAXSTYLES in
> map.h and recompile.’ and they say this error can be solved by modifying
> a maximum number of classes in a MapServer source, and re-compile.
>

> Can someone mail me a step by step guide.
>

> Best Regards
>
> Oyama Kula

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca