[ms4w-users] MapServer won't display WMS layer

Philip Barden philip_barden at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 3 14:16:47 EST 2007

I'm a new user to ms4w.  I've got a simple mapfile, basically just country  boundaries, and I wanted to add the "global_mosaic" from NASA's site.  Here's my  code for the WMS layer:

    LAYER
      NAME global_landsat
      TYPE RASTER
      STATUS  DEFAULT
      CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
      CONNECTION "http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?"
       METADATA
         "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
         "wms_srs"  "EPSG:4326"
         "wms_format" "image/jpeg"
          "wms_request_method" "GET"
         "wms_styles" ""
         "wms_name"  "global_mosaic"
      END
   END

 My map displays fine, no apparent errors, but the image doesn't appear.  Is  there something wrong w/ my LAYER settings?
 I'm pretty sure the spatial reference is okay, and the countries layer  color is set to transparent.  I also manually stitched together the URL in a  browser and I did get a map...

 Thanx!
 Phil.

http://mail.yahoo.com