[ms4w-users] Readme error

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jan 26 20:01:50 EST 2007

Hello,

Actually, I copied those output formats from the 'ogrinfo --formats'
command from ms4w-2.2.2, and I just tried it again and I do get "KML
(read/write)".

So it is not an MS4W readme error, but you seem to have found some sort
of a bug in the OGR documentation.  You might want to bring this issue
up on the GDAL mailing list (join at
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev)

jeff

Matt Barney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just getting started with MS, and noticed a minor error on the MS4W
> readme page: it lists KML as "read/write" under OGR formats supported.
> However, it looks like OGR will only write KML at this time:
> http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_kml.html
>
> Thanks,
> Matt Barney
> Spatial Dynamics