[ms4w-users] MS4W/CHAMELEON/Virtual Spatial Data (odbc/ovf) - Only works on my PC

Persaud,Bruce [Ontario] Bruce.Persaud at ec.gc.ca
Mon Jul 23 11:49:15 EDT 2007

Hello All,

Let me describe my situation.
I'm running MS4W and Chameleon for MapServer on my pc.
I used
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/VirtualSpatialDa
ta
To create the connection etc..
My .ovf file is also on my c:\

I have an MS access data base with a command button called "Stations"
which exports a .csv file to my/or anyone elses C:\ based on a query.
The query dumps name, latitude and longitude into a .csv file. - This
works great.

Following this event, a browser is opened which displays:
http://localhost/myapp/index.phtml
Which maps BASED on my newly created .csv file.

I.E. The map looks different based on what you have queried in MS
ACCESS.

Here is my problem.
When I do all of this on my pc (where everything is setup) it WORKS
GREAT.

If I send the database to a collegues computer, and they click button
"Stations", the map is produced based on the .csv ON MY computer.
For example if they do a new query and click the button, it still
produces the .csv on my c:\

How do I get it so that the newly exported .csv is reflected on ANYONE's
PC.

Do I make the change in ogrinfo? .map file? FWTools Shell? My .ovf file?

Here is my .ovf file
<OGRVRTDataSource>
        <OGRVRTLayer name="stations">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:rcs_stations</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcLayer>sta.csv</SrcLayer>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns"
x="LATITUDE_DECIMAL_DEGREES" y="LONGITUDE_DECIMAL_DEGREES"/>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

Any help would be appreciated,