[ms4w-users] gdal_step_by_step

Buchholz, Robert Robert.Buchholz at LUA.Brandenburg.de
Mon Nov 5 09:33:04 EST 2007

Dear list,

i face problems concerning the gdal (catalog for rasterdata). I need a step by step tutorial to be able to use the gdal options answering additionally following questions:
1. how to find out if .tif is supported with gdal?
->C:\>gdalinfo --formats" at the commandline do not work!
->C:\>mapserv -v  states: ...INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
2. I have 8GB of spatially referenced rasterdata on other drive than C:/ and can not copy them to C:/ms4w/elsewhere. Can I nevertheless use gdal?
3. Is there a GUI for gdal?
4. Does gdal only work on commandline? (I am absolute beginner)
5. any .exe to doubleclick?
6. set any path? where and how?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Robert

Robert Buchholz
Sachbearbeiter (Trainee)
Referat GIS-Zentrale
Landesumweltamt Brandenburg
Mail: Robert.Buchholz at LUA.Brandenburg.de
Internet: http://www.brandenburg.de/lua
Kein Zugang für elektronisch signierte sowie für verschlüsselte elektronische Daten.