[ms4w-users] problem with CONNECTION (MS4W and postgreSQL+Postgis 8.2)

Jorge L. Batista E. pb at dic.ohc.cu
Fri Oct 12 11:13:07 EDT 2007

Hi list,
I have a problem with MS4W and postgreSQL+Postgis 8.2 CONNECTION
In the same server (Windows 2003 Server) I have 2 different versions of
postgreSQL+Postgis using different ports

postgreSQL+Postgis 8.1 uses the default port 5432 and this CONNECTION
works:

LAYER
     CONNECTIONTYPE	postgis
	NAME	manzanas
	CONNECTION "host=myHostName dbname=myDBName user=myUser
password=myPassword"
	DATA "the_gemon from my_table_name"
	STATUS  default
	TYPE    polygon
	CLASS
		OUTLINECOLOR  182 182 184
		COLOR	251 249 234
   	END
	METADATA
		"wms_title" "manzanas"
	END
END

postgreSQL+Postgis 8.2 uses the port 5433 and this CONNECTION DO NOT WORKS:

LAYER
     CONNECTIONTYPE	postgis
	NAME	manzanas
	CONNECTION "host=myHostName dbname=myDBName user=myUser
password=myPassword port=5433"
	DATA "the_gemon from my_table_name"
	STATUS  default
	TYPE    polygon