[ms4w-users] OGR and DGN: doesn't work

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 26 09:40:24 EDT 2007

You can verify that your ms4w suppports DNG data by executing the
following at the commandline:
- execute: /ms4w/setenv.bat
- execute: ogrinfo --formats
- look for a '"DGN" (read/write)' line
- now try a shp2img command with your mapfile (see
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/utilityreference/shp2img)
- make sure your dng layer is in the same projection as your other data
    - possibly remove all other layers. projection objects, and set the
map's EXTENT to that DNG layer, and then retry shp2img

Mapfile example: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/dgn

Here's more reading on how OGR support DGN files:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_dgn.html

have fun.

Berényi Attila wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm a newbie to ms4w, but I've my maps in DGN format and I want to
> publish them with mapserver. I've installed and it woks great but if I
> add a dgn layer to the .map file it doesn't shows anything. If I switch
> the dgn layer off it shows the remaining layers correct (chameleon). Did
> I forget to install something?
> Could someone send me a correct, working map file with DGN layer in it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Attila

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca