[ms4w-users] ms4w - with Mapbender and Mapstorer

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Fri Sep 28 06:15:30 EDT 2007

Hello Jeff , hello list,

Did you enjoy the FOSS4G? Sure we were a bit sad, that we couldn't join
and see all of you again. But we had a good time on Intergeo in Leipzig
and got a lot of new ideas.

Sebastian and I where thinking about an integration of Mapbender and
Mapstorer in the ms4w package.

We could send the configured code and some demo data and set everything
up, so it can run out of the box.

Here a short summary of our concept:

For Mapbender
/ms4w/apps/mapbender
/ms4w/apps/mapbender/conf/mapbender.conf --> we configure mapbender.conf
so everything will work at once

For Mapstorer:
/ms4w/apps/mapstorer
- pear we use ms4w\Apache\php\PEAR

For both programms we need a database - we would prefer a postgresql
database:
- we could write a batch so the sqls for the databses will be loaded on
klick
- we need a database mapbender and mapstorer

Installation of PostgreSQL
- would it be possible to run the nstallation of postgresql / postgis
with a script? Did you think about this before?
- if the databse would be there, we could create our dbs ( mapbender,
mapstorer) and maybe a world database for some demo data

Add new directory for very basic sample data:
  - could be: /ms4w/data/world/
                                       world.map (mapbender, mapstorer
could use the map)
                                     /data/ put some shapes /raster
data  here

ALIAS in httpd.d
- two file to add aliases for Mapbender and mapstorer

Add mapbender and Mapstorer link to /ms4w/Apache/htdocs/index.html

What do you think about the idea? For us the database is the
prerequisite. Without an easy installation of the database, people would
not use the software. But if there would be an easy way to install
postgresql/postgis it would be no problem for us.

--

Greetings

Astrid Emde

 ----------------------------------