[ms4w-users] Why can't MS4W work with postGIS? I always fail (numerous attempts).

Steffen Macke sdteffen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 12:55:23 EDT 2008

Hi Kresh,

> My fifth attempt:
> =================
>
> Now I had been pretty much desperate, I just wrote using SRID=#, closed my eyes, and hoped for the best. Here's the lines:
>    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
>    CONNECTION 'host=localhost user=rtrw password=123456 port=5432 dbname=test_mapserver'
>    DATA 'the_geom from rencana.kawasanbencana using unique gid using SRID=#'

This already looks quite good. However, you have to replace # with an
integer number of the SRID you are using.
If you don't know anything about this, try at least -1 and 4326.

For example:

DATA 'the_geom from rencana.kawasanbencana using unique gid using SRID=4326'

Here you can find some information on SRIDs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRID

Regards,

Steffen