[ms4w-users] cannot display my map..please help

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Feb 15 14:33:12 EST 2009

MeLv1n wAuRaN wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i recently create a map with a really big raster file as my background
> map. The background map is 16800 x 22000 in dimensions, and 1.03 GB in size.
>
> here are the errors i got:
>
> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msSaveImage():
> (/tmp/ms_tmp/123469655152481.gif) in
> *C:\ms4w\apps\maplab-2.2\htdocs\mapedit\preview.php* on line *474*

You should be aware that Maplab development stopped several years ago
and there are many existing bugs with it now.  See the retirement message:

*******
"MapLab enjoys a well-deserved retirement after serving thousands of
users for several years.

Active development and maintenance of MapLab has ended with version
2.2.1. This website is maintained here only for reference for those
still using MapLab and for the posterity.

MapServer users looking for mapfile creation tools should try one of the
following active projects: 1) Quantum GIS or 2) MapStorer."
*******

If you're looking for a way to debug your current mapfile, I recommend
using MapServer's shp2img commandline utility, which is included in
MS4W.  For usage see: http://www.mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/