[ms4w-users] Problem with WFS and shapefile coverage

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Feb 25 19:09:02 EST 2009

Jordi García wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a shapefile coverage defined in this way:
>

> -          A shapefile tileindex:
>

> LAYER
>
>                         NAME "idx_nasa_trmm_shp"
>
>                         TYPE TILEINDEX
>
>                         DATA "c:/data/idx_nasa_trmm_shp.shp"
>
>                         FILTERITEM "time"
>
>                         FILTER "%time%"
>

>                         METADATA
>
>                                    OWS_EXTENT "30.125 -27.125 40.625
> -11.125"
>
>                         END
>

>                         PROJECTION
>
>                                     "init=epsg:4326"
>
>                         END
>
>             END
>

>             The file “idx_nasa_trmm_shp” is the tileindex containing a
> set of polygons(bounding boxes) with the atributes “location” and “time”
> filled.
>

> - The layer containing all the shapefiles indexed by a tileindex
>

>             LAYER
>
>                         NAME "nasa_trmm_shp"
>
>                         STATUS OFF
>
>                         DUMP TRUE
>
>                         TYPE POINT
>

>                         PROJECTION
>
>                                    "init=epsg:4326"
>
>                         END
>

>                         METADATA
>
>                                    OWS_LABEL "nasa_trmm_shp"
>
>                                    OWS_SRS "EPSG:900913 EPSG:4326"
>
>                                    WMS_TIMEEXTENT "2006-11-01
> 00:00:00.000/2006-11-01 03:00:00.000"
>
>                                    WMS_TIMEITEM "time"
>
>                                    WMS_TIMEDEFAULT "2006-11-01 00:00:00.000"
>
>                                    GML_GEOMETRIES "the_geom"
>
>                                    GML_INCLUDE_ITEMS "all"
>
>                                    "GML_THE_GEOM_TYPE" "point"
>
>                                    "GML_RAIN_TYPE" "double"
>
>                                    "GML_TIME_TYPE" "string"
>
>                                    "GML_TYPE_TYPE" "string"
>
>                                    OWS_EXTENT "30.125 -27.125 40.625
> -11.125"
>
>                                    WCS_TIMEPOSITION "2006-11-01
> 00:00:00.000,2006-11-01 03:00:00.000”
>
>                         END
>
>                         TILEINDEX "idx_nasa_trmm_shp"
>
>                         TILEITEM "location"
>
>             END
>

> Making a render in WMS results OK accessing by a BBOX and a TIME
> parameter, but when getting data through WFS nothing is returned:
>

> <wfs:FeatureCollection>
>
> <gml:boundedBy>
>
> <gml:null>missing</gml:null>
>
> </gml:boundedBy>
>
> </wfs:FeatureCollection>
>

> Is there any problem with WFS and shapefile coverages??
>
> Also, i have no problem with raster coverages defined in the same way
> (location and time).

Hi,

I may not fully understand your setup, but at first I was wondering if
you are hitting an issue because your data is tiled, but I did a quick
WFS GetFeature request on a tiled shapefile layer with no problems
(http://labs.gatewaygeomatics.com/cgi-bin/wfs_gateway?SERVICE=wfs&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&TYPENAME=province).

Maybe you should include full working requests so that everyone can
try/see your problems.

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/