[ms4w-users] ms4w on Intel Atom?

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 21:09:57 EST 2009

I'll be doing a lot of MapServer demo in the future. I'm quite interested in Intel Atom-based subnotebooks for the purpose (like Lenovo IdeaPad S10), since they are light and mobile.

However, I wonder if Intel Atom is adequate to run MapServer. The MapServer will be run on either ms4w on Windows XP Home. The layers are stored on postGIS (there are fifteen layers or so), and there is also a 476 megabytes raster file in .TIFF format.

Will Intel Atom be adequate for the purpose? Will 2GB of memory help? Has anyone ever done such thing before?

Many thanks,
-Kresh