[ms4w-users] newbie error 3

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Mar 15 17:05:55 EST 2009

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Same problem, but I've changed the paths to be within the document root,
> as well as changed the .conf file to allow access to all the
> corresponding files within the document root
>
> The only difference now is rather than get an empty table, I get
>
> msSaveImageGD(): Unable to access file. Unable to open file
> /jerba/htdocs/tmp/ms_tmp/Jerba12371464913944.png for writing

MS4W is designed so you never have to touch Apache's httpd.conf file or
worry about "the document root".  I recommend that you download an MS4W
add-on package (such as the "PHP/MapScript Sample Application" listed on
the downloads page) and follow how that application runs.  (i.e. check
the application's conf file in /ms4w/httpd.d)

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/