[MS4W-Users] [ms4w-users] MS4W 3.0 beta7 available for testing and feedback

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Sep 5 09:25:03 EST 2009

MSulchan Darmawan wrote:
> Pada Thu, 03 Sep 2009 08:19:33 -0300
>
> I did this :
>
> 1. execute apache-uninstall.bat on c:\ms4w
> 2. rename c:\ms4w to c:\ms4w-old
> 3. extract the new ms4w to c:\ms4w
> 4. execute apache-install.bat on c:\ms4w
>
> and then the message came out :
>
> C:\ms4w>apache-install.bat
> The system cannot execute the specified program.
> The service name is invalid.
>
> More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.
>
> Is it just me ? FYI, I run windows XP on VirtualBox.

My guess is that your machine doesn't have the "Microsoft Visual C++
2008 Redistributable Package" runtimes installed on it.  Try this and
let me know what works:

- before executing apache-install.bat, execute setenv.bat (this should
load the msvc*.dlls into your path, which are located in
/ms4w/apache/cgi-bin) and then retry apache-install.bat
- if all else fails, you can download the runtimes installer from
http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

Let me know if either method works...and I will update MS4W's readme
accordingly, with your results.

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/