[MS4W-Users] Fwd: Re: [mapserver-users] Mapserver error debugging

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Sep 24 09:17:13 EST 2009

All,

Jeff suggested I send this question here . . . . Although I'm not positive at all whether the problem is with MS4W at all.

Right now I'm trying to open a MapServerCGI image link from a MS4W Mapserver (downloaded MS4W yesterday) on a Thumb drive.

I keep getting a image error to the effect:

The image "<Mapserver URL here>" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The headers look correct from the CGI because I switched the imagetype from GIF to PNG just fine, but FF gives me that error a,d I only get a broken Icon from IE for the same link. . . .

All the google result point at a SKYPE extention, but I don't have SKYPE even installed on this computer.

Firebug says 200ok, but only the browser error shows.  Still investigating . . .

Anyone run into something similar.?

bobb

Bob Basques wrote:

> All,
>

> So I'm trying to run MapServer from a thumb Drive, first off, is this
> possible?
>

> I'm on Windows XP, and get what looks like a Browser error:
>

> The image "<Mapserver URL here>" cannot be displayed, because it
> contains errors.
>

> I'm using the MS4W Mapserv Binary ( should I try another, if so which?),
> are there things I should look for related to MS4W?
>

> How do I go about trying to debug the problem?

Hi Bob,

If you're looking for help with MS4W, please send a message to the
MS4W-users mailing list so everyone can follow along (join at
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/ms4w-users)

thanks.

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services