[MS4W-Users] SDE

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jan 20 15:40:58 EST 2010

Yves Moisan wrote:

> Thanx.  I should have RTFM.  However this bit scares me :
>
> "*Note that you might need to add the ArcGIS location (such as*
>    *C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/Bin) to your system PATH environment*"
>
> The SDE server isn't on the same machine.  I guess I'll have to map a
> network drive, unless it isn't needed really.

I am no SDE expert, but I suspect what you need on the client (MS4W)
machine is only a subset of the SDE libs, probably called "SDE client
libs/sdk/rt" or something like that... and that's what you'd need to
point your path to ... not the full SDE server stuff.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/