[MS4W-Users] MS4W 3.0 beta10 available for testing and feedback

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Thu Jan 28 11:07:23 EST 2010

> MS4W 3.0 beta10 is available for testing:
> http://www.maptools.org/dl/ms4w/ms4w_3.0_beta10.zip (31MB)  This release
> contains GDAL 1.7.0, and some missing files that were causing problems.
>

> -------
> A lot of changes are to occur in this release, so I ask that everyone
> gives this a try,

Hi Jeff,

Thanx for Beta 10.  I can confirm it works well under my XP setup and
FCGI too !

I wonder why not uncomment the lines

<IfModule fcgid_module>
   FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 0
   FcgidIdleScanInterval 1
   FcgidProcessLifeTime 10
</IfModule>

in httpd.conf since this specifically checks if the FastCGI module is
loaded anyways ?  Then it would just be a matter for people to point to
fcgi-bin and they'd get FastCGI right away.

Now, back with my test results :

Set up :
- PG 8.4
- MS4W 2.3.1 (MapServer 5.4.2)
- MS4W3.0B10 (Mapserver 5.6.1)

Requests per second :

            CGI     FCGI
MS4W 2.3.1  2.14    5.47
MS4W3.0B10  1.59    6.45

So the latest is slower in CGI but faster in FCGI.

Thanx !

Yves