[MS4W-Users] ms4w Proj setup

Chris Lam clam_1982 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 09:30:18 EST 2010

Hello,

I've tried exporting the shapefile to a new projection in QGIS as well, but
the layer looks exactly the same after it was supposed to be reprojected to
what QGIS calls 'popular visualization mercator' which I am assuming is the
same as the unofficial EPSG:900913.  The extents also remain unchanged.

As for that white background on your map, are you using OpenLayers to
implement the web map?  If so, you should be able to set that overlay's
'transparent:true' (ignore the quotes) and that will tell that layer it is
an overlay and that the background should be transparent.