[MS4W-Users] MS4W

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Mar 31 11:43:32 EST 2010

Hi Sven,

Comments inline below:

Sven Schroeter wrote:
> I try to run PHP-Mapscript from MS4W 3.0 (MS 5.6.1) on an IIS 6 on Windows
> 2003 Server.

I am using your exact setup right now for a project, including
php_mapscript.

> Trying to use the compiled .dlls from M4W on another PHP-5.3.1-Installation
> and get this error:
>
> MapScript: Unable to initialize module
> Module compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS,VC9
> PHP    compiled with build ID=API20090626,NTS,VC9
> These options need to match
>
> Is it possible to install PHP-Mapscript in this version on a IIS?

Note that MS4W 3.0 beta10 contains PHP 5.3.1 (and then you can avoid
your issue).  Are you aware of that?

To answer your question: if you want to use another PHP build and you
are getting that error, then I believe the answer is no.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/