[MS4W-Users] Strategies for dealing with large area Mr SID files

Bill Harbour bharbour at bcbe.org
Mon Oct 4 15:16:47 EST 2010

I have eight Mr SID images that cover my County (1,500 square miles).  I used gdaltindex to build a tile index of the Mr SID's and created a layer for that tile index in the map file.  t takes mapserver about 10 or more seconds to display the raster.  Do any of you guys have suggestions-strategies for improving the display times of the images??

Thanks,

Baldwin County Public Schools
Bill Harbour
GIS Coordinator
Information Technology Services
Baldwin County Board of Education
1071  B Ave
Loxley, AL 36551
V 251-580-1916
F 251-972-6851
Office 251-972-6850
bharbour at bcbe.org<mailto:bharbour at bcbe.org>
http://www.bcbe.org
"When life gets too unreal, sit down with a good book." - Garrison Keillor