[MS4W-Users] PHP support for spatialite

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Feb 2 13:18:09 EST 2011

On 11-02-02 12:09 PM, Mark Volz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does MS4W have support foraccessing Spatialite via PHP? It appears that
> PHP has support for Sqlite out of the box. However,thePDO_SQLITE driver
> could not connect to a spatialite database.
>
> I am using MS4W 3.0 Beta 7.

Hello Mark,

I have quickly looked into this (testing with MS4W 3.0.1) and MS4W's PHP
5.3.5 does support sqlite3, but I believe it does not include
libspatialite.  I found this page describing some of the steps required
to enable spatialite support in PHP:
http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.4.0-4/spatialite-cookbook/html/php.html
  I would have to do a lot more research however to confirm this.

In your travels down this path, if you find that indeed MS4W is missing
spatialite support for sqlite3 in PHP, can you please file a ticket in
the MS4W issue tracker for this? Steps: (login or create an account at:
http://bugzilla.maptools.org/query.cgi?GoAheadAndLogIn=1 then click
"New' to file a ticket, and select the "MS4W" product)  If you file a
ticket I will examine this for the next MS4W release.

If you need this sooner than the release, and/or have funding to assist
with this development, please contact me directly and we can move
forward right away.

Thanks.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/