[MS4W-Users] run multiple versions?

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Wed May 4 22:11:45 EST 2011

Michael,

I don't know if this would address your problem or not, but another
possible solution if you are only using MapServ CGI and want to run
HTTPD on the same port with the same Apache & PHP instances is to copy
the old cgi-bin into a new location (eg mapserv-5.4) and add an entry
to a httpd_*.conf file something like:

ScriptAlias /mapserv-5.4/ "/ms4w/Apache/mapserv-5.4/"
<Location "/mapserv-5.4">
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Location>

And then point your applications at the appropriate directory, either
cgi-bin or mapserv-5.4.

This will probably not work if your applications rely on php
mapscript. But it does allow you to use multiple MapServer CGI
versions thru the same port and Apache instance.

Rich