[MS4W-Users] porting code from linux to windows (don't ask why) and php_mysql.dll

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Nov 2 11:00:22 EST 2011

Theobald, Charles wrote:

> I'm having a problem with a relatively simple map file that works fine on
> an existing linux host but won't run on windows.  In the map file, I'm
> joining a shape file to a mysql table to use joined attribute data for
> displaying polygons in different colors based on the attribute field (no x
> y or lat long columns).  The map does not display, and the server error
> log indicates a missing php_mysql.dll (which was not part of the ms4w
> 3.0.2 binary.)
> Is that dll available, or do I need to make my OGR connect differently?
> Here's how I'm making the connection now (does not work on new server)
> DATA "SELECT * FROM Drought_County a LEFT JOIN
> 'MYSQL:dbname,host=hostname,user=****,password=*********'.dm_20111011 b ON
> a.fips = b.id"

Hello,

MS4W 3.0.3 has built-in support for PHP/MySQL (no need for that separate dll
that you mentioned).  To check if your local PHP installation supports
MySQL, do the following:

 - open a web browser and goto localhost (http://127.0.0.1/)
 - in the "Features" section of the MS4W page you will see a link for "PHP
5.x", click that
 - pan the resulting page down and look for a section titled "mysql"

Hope that helps.  If you ever need direct support please contact me
directly.

Thanks.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/